Today we take Zoodles to the next level, friends.
Today we say, Zoodles, quit it with the watery grossness.
We do not accept your sad and limp and vegetable-y tendencies. We fully expect you to be filling and saucy and a little crispy in that happy-cooked-vegetable way.
And we are helping the cause by wrapping you up in a supremely sweet and savory creamy corn sauce that is starchy, thick, and worth storing in your fridge on its own as a little treat for toast, veggies, or just plain eating. That’s right, kids. I said just PLAIN EATING in reference to a creamy corn sauce. Did our beloved Creamy Cauliflower Sauce just send us a jealous emoji? Has Magic Green Sauce finally found its match? Are we going to love this sauce all the way right on through the end of summer until the sweet corn has been eaten by all the creamy corn sauce eaters of this blog? Answers – yes yes and yes.
Welcome to your Next Level Zoodles.
Reasons I think these zoodles are Next Level:
- Their non-watery game is strong. This is thanks to a very, very thick creamy corn sauce with lots of starch that helps the Zs hold themselves together. No weeping allowed. (There will still be a tiny bit of weeping. These are zoodles.)
- Well hello there, fitspo. We are eating zucchini in place of pasta. As in we just replaced a traditionally heavy carb with straight vegetable action. NBD.
- As a follow up to fitspo, the resemblance to mac and cheese in terms of thickness and comforting-ness is shocking. I mean this in the best way possible.
- These zoodles + this sauce works well as a blank-canvas approach. Think of it as a build-your-own zoodle bowl. Whatcha got in that crisper drawer, girlfriend? Let’s toss it in the mix. Dealing with leftover rotisserie chicken? Some extra herbs? Maybe some black beans or sun dried tomatoes or – I’m gonna say it – BACON? Free game.
Zoodles are life.
More accurately, this literally-3-ingredient creamy corn sauce should go on everything starting NOW and ending never.
Are you ready? Psh, you were born ready.
- 3 zucchini, spiralized
- 1 tablespoon butter or olive oil
- a few tablespoons of chopped onion, minced garlic, or a combo
- 4 ears fresh sweet corn, kernels cut off the cob
- ½ cup chicken broth, milk, water, etc.
- pinch of salt, to taste
- Parmesan, pepitas, fresh basil, or anything else your heart desires to add to the mix
- Heat the butter or olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion or garlic and saute until soft and fragrant. Add the corn kernels and saute for another 5-10 minutes until very soft and roasty-looking. Transfer to a blender and add the liquid. Puree until very smooth.
- In the same pan, add a swish of olive oil and saute the zoodles for 2-3 minutes until they begin to soften. Add the corn sauce and toss to combine, adding extra liquid as needed to loosen the sauce. Top with something fresh, cheesy, crunchy, whatever you like… and enjoy your Masterpiece Creation, you boss you.
from RSSMix.com Mix ID 8174097 http://redirect.viglink.com?u=http%3A%2F%2Ffeedproxy.google.com%2F%7Er%2Fpinch-of-yum%2F%7E3%2FsOd1zJU0VIM%2Fzoodles-with-creamy-corn-sauce&key=ddaed8f51db7bb1330a6f6de768a69b8