All the deliciousness of stuffed mushrooms without all the work! An easy side dish you can serve any night of the week!
My friend Liz of the Lemon Bowl gave me a review copy of her eCookbook, Food From Our Ancestors: The Ultimate Italian Sunday Dinner, a series featuring ethnic recipes passed down over the generations. Liz created this as a way to share family dishes with her children and the generations after them. This ecookbook fetures recipes like Eggplant Parmesan, Pasta e Fagiole, Sunday Gravy. Upcoming editions include The Ultimate Lebanese Sunday Dinner, The Ultimate Mexican Sunday Dinner, The Ultimate Jewish Shabbat Dinner and more.
I was intrigued by these mushrooms and boy am I glad I made them! These might have been the best tasting mushrooms I’ve ever had. I had to slightly tweak the original recipe to keep them on the lighter side but I promise, they were wonderful and will be a new regular in my house!
Dina’s Tossed Mushrooms
3 Smart Points
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 pound white button mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄4 cup dried Italian-style breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme (fresh or dried)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil to drizzle
- olive oil spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice off the bottom of the stems; then, use a moist paper towel to gently remove any dirt from mushrooms.
- Quarter or halve the mushrooms, depending on the size.
- Sprinkle water in the bottom of a 13 x 9 baking dish then place mushrooms in a single layer on top of the water.
- In a small bowl combine next six ingredients: breadcrumbs through salt/pepper. Sprinkle mixture evenly on top of the mushrooms.
- Drizzle evenly with olive oil then spray the top with olive oil spray so it’s evenly coated. Bake uncovered until the mushrooms are golden, about 20 minutes. Serve hot or warm.
Yield: 4 Servings, Serving Size: 3/4 cup
- Amount Per Serving:
- Smart Points: 3
- Points +: 4
- Calories: 127
- Total Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: g
- Cholesterol: 2mg
- Sodium: 184mg
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 2.5g
- Protein: 6g