Baked apples topped with oats, cinnamon and a touch of brown sugar. Easy to make and a great way to use up those apples this Fall! They are like little individual apple crisps without all the added fuss of cutting and peeling the apples. A simple, light dessert for a cool autumn evening, serve this a la mode for an extra special treat!
This recipe was originally posted in 2010. Since so many of you will be going apple picking this Fall, I thought I would re-share this from the archives. You can use any type of apples you wish! To make this dairy-free, you can use coconut oil in place of butter.
Delightfully Baked Apples
Baked apples topped with oats, cinnamon and brown sugar. Like little individual apple crisps without all the added fuss of cutting and peeling the apples. A simple dessert for a cool autumn evening, serve this a la mode for an extra special treat!
- 2 large apples, cut in half
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 2 tbsp brown sugar, unpacked
- 2 tbsp all purpose or gluten-free flour
- 4 tbsp quick oats*
- pinch of cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Cut apples in half and remove core and seeds with a small pairing knife or spoon.
- In a small bowl combine butter, brown sugar, flour, oats and cinnamon. Spoon on top of the apple halves and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Place on a cookie sheet and bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Serve warm with a scoop of ice cream if desired.
*check labels for gluten-free.
Yield: 4 servings, Serving Size: 1/2 apple with topping
- Amount Per Serving:
- Smart Points: 5
- Points +: 4
- Calories: 153
- Total Fat: 6.5g
- Saturated Fat: g
- Cholesterol: mg
- Sodium: mg
- Carbohydrates: 26.5g
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Sugar: g
- Protein: 1g
from RSSMix.com Mix ID 8174097 http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/weightwatcherspointsrecipes/~3/YXfxXnqS0aI/